Guava is a fruit with a distinctive scent and flavor, but not many people are aware of the numerous health benefits its leaves offer. Guava leaves are rich in vitamin A, C, E, K, potassium, fiber, and lycopene.
Moreover, these leaves are considered to be a natural pain reliever; they are packed with antioxidants, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, and useful tannins. Because of their medicinal properties, guava leaves are used as an herbal and natural treatment for an array of diseases.
Learn more about guava leaves and what to do with them to improve your health:
- Prepare a tea of guava leaves to successfully lower bad LDL cholesterol. Also, this won’t hurt the levels of good HDL cholesterol;
- Drinking guava leaf tea restrains your appetite, which means it can help you drop a few pounds;
- Fight bronchitis and coughs with guava leaf tea;
- If you are dealing with allergies, take a few guava leaves, crush and then apply them on the itching areas. This will ease the allergy itch;
- Guava leaf tea has the power to calm an upset stomach. It is of great help in situations of food poisoning;
- Redo the same method to ease insect bites. Isn’t it a perfect natural solution that replaces harmful insect repellents?
- Guava leaves have potent antimicrobial characteristics which make the tea effective in treating diarrhea and dysentery. In this case, drink guava leaf tea a few times a day to get fewer stools and reduce pain in the abdomen. Also, you will feel better quickly;
- If you are trying to stop hair loss, guava leaves can help you. Boil them and after the mixture cools down, massage your scalp gently. Vitamin B is highly present in guava which makes it immensely beneficial for the growth and maintenance of healthy hair;
- Recommend this tea to men who are experiencing fertility problems;
- Prevent infections by applying crushed guava leaves on small cuts. Additionally, you can prepare tea to ease an infection in your outer ear. After the tea cools down, drop some on the affected area;
- Vitamin C is able to heal acne and pimples. Moreover, this vitamin is richly present in guava leaves;
- Treat cancer and prostate enlargement by drinking this tea on a regular basis;
- You can treat dengue with this tea by boiling 9 guava leaves in 5 cups of water. Boil until the amount in the pot reduces by half;
- Here is one natural way to get rid of blackheads: Crush several guava leaves and add them in a little bit of water. Use the mixture on your face as a substitute for a regular face scrub. The same mixture can be used for preventing premature skin aging. Guava has powerful antioxidant properties that neutralize free radicals;
- This tea is safe for diabetics because it lowers the levels of blood sugar and does not support secretion of insulin. Also, if you are at risk of developing this condition, prevent it by consuming this tea;
- If toothache is giving you troubles, chew some guava leaves. Also, this is a great way to treat inflamed gums and sores in the oral cavity since guava leaves have anti-plaque properties;
- Prepare a homemade mouthwash by using guava leaves: Boil 5-6 guava leaves and when the mixture is cool enough, add some salt. Swish the liquid around your mouth and teeth at least once every day.
Prepare guava leaf tea by following these steps:
- Dry guava leaves and then crush them into powder.
- Take 1 tablespoon of the guava leaf powder and add it to a cup of hot water.
- Cover the cup for 5 minutes and let it steep. Strain the tea at the end.
- Drink a cup of this tea on a daily basis.
Article source: www.readylife24.com