Dark pores on legs appear right after shaving. They can be pretty visible on the legs, especially on light or olive skin tones. If you have a dull razor, it may not remove the follicle completely, and thus dark pores form. The opening for the hair follicle can store dead skin cells and oil. If you want to get rid of this problem, stop shaving and choose another method for hair removal, such as laser hair removal, waxing and depilatories.
However, these other alternatives have their own advantages and disadvantages.
It is important to exfoliate your legs regularly if you want to remove those dark pores. Exfoliation removes dead skin cells, dirt, sebum and other impurities.
The following mixtures are excellent for exfoliation of the skin:
- Two tablespoons of sugar and 4 tablespoons of olive oil. Mix the ingredients together.
- Combine 1 tablespoon of baking soda and 1 teaspoon of warm water.
- Prepare a paste of salt and buttermilk.
- Make a paste with 2 tablespoons of brown sugar, 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Prepare a paste with mixing equal parts of brown sugar and baking soda into water.
How to apply it:
The exfoliation of the legs should be done with natural, mildly abrasive scrubs. Use exfoliating mitt, loofah or a towel and softly massage the homemade mixture on the affected areas. Do small circular moves for several minutes, starting at the ankles and going up your legs. Wash or wipe off with lukewarm water. At the end, splash with cold water.
Use healing oils or lotions that contain healing ingredients, such as aloe vera to boost circulation, moisturize the skin and keep it healthy. Massage your legs with those healing oils or lotions.
Here are some other ideas too:
- You can reduce the color of the dark pores with a cucumber juice. Peel and mash one cucumber and apply the juice to the problematic areas.
- Add pure glycerin to vitamin E oil, coconut oil, almond oil or jojoba.
- In olive oil or coconut oil, add a few drops of sandalwood oil.
- Massage the affected area for a few minutes with a combination of couple drops of tea tree oil into two tablespoons of olive oil.
- Apply egg whites on pores and let it sit for several minutes. Then, rinse with cold water.
There are many natural ingredients that can be used to get rid of dark pores on the legs. Lime is gentler than lemon and acts as an astringent on the skin. Inflammation can be decreased by using natural ingredients such as aloe vera, sandalwood oil, rosewater, and cucumbers.
Brown sugar is gentler on the skin than the white sugar, so it can be used for exfoliation. Additionally, coconut oil removes bacteria, while olive oil and avocado oil act as moisturizers.