For thousands of years, Arabic, Indian, and Asian physicians used ginger as food and medicine. This tropical plant, which belongs to the same family as turmeric and cardamom, was effectively used for treatment of various health issues, including stomach sickness and arthritis pain.
Benefits of Ginger
Ginger is used for treatment of various health issues, but it shows remarkable results when used for relieving muscle soreness and back pain. Ginger contains very potent anti-inflammatory compounds called gingerols. Numerous clinical studies note that ginger provides considerable pain relief to people suffering from degenerative or rheumatoid arthritis and/or chronic muscle pain.
Ginger reduces bad cholesterol and high blood sugar and is also good for blood circulation and cancer prevention. Moreover, ginger can also soothe respiratory conditions and cough. It successfully reduces fever, symptoms of cold and flu and is highly beneficial for relieving indigestion and nausea as well.
Ginger when combined with other products can be even more powerful and relive pain and sickness fast. We suggest you try the Ginger ale.
Ginger Ale Recipe for Pain and Inflammation
– 200g peeled, finely chopped ginger
– A few drops of lime juice
– 225g sugar
– 115ml club soda (per glass)
– Lime slices (for garnish)
– 450ml purified water
– Boil the water in a pot.
– Add the ginger, reduce the heat to medium-low, and leave the ginger simmer for 5 minutes.
– Then, remove the pot from the heat and leave it for 20 minutes.
– Strain the liquid through a fine mesh strainer, and remove the ginger pieces.
– Use another pot to make simple syrup by dissolving 1 cup of sugar into 1 cup of boiling water.
– Now mix 1/2 cup of ginger water with 1/3 cup of the simple syrup and 1/2 cup of club soda.
Sweeten with honey and you can also add some lime juice to taste.