Today, women fear the most from breast cancer, which is one of the most common types of cancer. According to statistics, about 14% of cancers are breast cancer.
Women need to know their breast anatomy and how it works. Women themselves must recognize what changes in their breasts are normal, and which are abnormal. Breasts include fatty and breast tissue, plus veins and arteries, which are connected by a tissue that holds everything in place. Moreover, the look and function of the breasts change with aging.
These are the most common signs of breast cancer:
– A lump in the breast is the first and most general sign of breast cancer. Cysts in the breast are fluid bags in the breast tissue and appear really frequently. 9% of the breast lumps are benign and very often can be confused with cysts.
– With frequent examination that you can do by yourself, a lump or thickened area can be revealed in the breast or in the underarm area.
– Another sign of breast cancer can be a change in size or shape of one or both breasts.
– Also you can feel pain in the breast or in the armpit, which is unrelated to your menstrual period.
– If you are not breastfeeding, but blood or milky discharges come from your nipple, you must see the doctor immediately.
– ”Orange-pee” can be often referred to the dimpling or sunken skin on your breasts. However, it may be another sign of breast cancer.
– Rashes around your nipple, or redness or an enlarged underarm lymph node are two more signs of breast cancer.
The result in breast cancer highly depends on how soon the cancer is diagnosed. In every illness and health condition the sooner revealed symptoms, the better outcomes.
That is why it is very important to examine your breast yourself and also encourage the other women to do the same.