These exercises are useful to tone up the body, maintain a good shape and excellent health, and eventually help with bone density and muscle strength but most importantly of all – these exercises help with weight management. For both young and older women, exercising at least three to six days a week is more than necessary to be healthy.
Five Essential Exercises, 3 Days Per Week For Over 40yrs Women
Popular from ChasingCarbs.com: Diet Maximizing: How to Replace Carbs In Your Diet To Lose More Weight
This exercise is a combination of a jump, a push-up and a squat, yet it is pretty easy to do:
- Stand up with your feet at the hip-width position from each other. Then slowly come back down to a squat.
- When you are crouched enough, put your hands in front of you and touch the floor.
- At this position turn your legs back and get into a push-up position and make one.
- Then as soon as you finish the push-up, rapidly come back up again to starting position and jump.
- Repeat this exercise for at least 1 minute straight for better results.
Squats are excellent for your legs and buttocks; while also being great for abs and losing weight – here is how you should do it:
- Stand up with your feet slightly wider than shoulder width with the tip pointing a little outwards.
- At this position, try to crouch while pushing your hips back and flexing your knees.
- Go down as much as you can without touching the floor and your hands in front to maintain balance.
- Then come back and repeat. Repeat this exercise for 1 minute straight or no less than 30 squats.
Excellent for your abs and resistance, planks will undoubtedly make your stomach hurt but give you surprising results:
- Lay on the floor facing down as if you were in a push-up position with your hands on the floor and elevated. Or else, you could support with your forearms on the floor.
- At this position, you need to straighten your body and legs as much as you can, elevating your hips slightly.
- You need to maintain your body in this position for at least 25 seconds up to a 1 minute or 2.
- Repeat this exercise for 5 to 10 minutes for better results.
Similar to a squat but with one leg in front, this exercise is fantastic for your buttocks, hamstrings, quads,and thighs, and here’s how you should do it:
- Stand up with your feet at the hip-width position from each other, and with your hands on your sides.
- Then slowly bring one foot in front of you making a large Go down with the feet until this leg is wholly straightened.
- The leg in the back should touch the floor slightly with the knee.
- Then come back up again and repeat or change legs with the same process.
- Do this exercise for at least 1 minute.
5) Straight Leg Raises
This exercise will help you maintain an excellent belly and at the same time test your resistance, and it is straightforward to do:
- Lay down face up on a mat or the floor. Put your hands at your sides and your legs wholly straightened in front of you.
- Now slowly raise your legs until you form a 45º angle and then come back down again without touching the mat or floor and repeat.
- Make sure to tight up your abs and maintain your body in the laid down position.
- Repeat this exercise for at least 20 seconds straight.
Make It Happen Now!
You can start exercising without having to compromise anything else in your life. As a woman, these exercises will help you enormously.
Remember to pair them up with a proper diet based on vegetables, fruits, and lots of protein. Also, don’t forget to eat your complex carbs and legumes plus healthy fats to keep your metabolism healthy enough.
Always stay motivated as much as you can and try to do these exercises at least three times a week. Your body will appreciate it!