BOOST Your METABOLISM Naturally with this ZERO CALORIE Detox Drink: Day Spa Apple Cinnamon Water 0 Calories. Put down the diet sodas and crystal light and try this out for a week. You will drop weight and have TONS ON ENERGY! sounds yummy!
Makes one big pitcher, re-fill water 3-4 times before replacing apples and cinnamon.
- 1 Apple thinly slice (Whatever your favorite is)
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
Drop apple slices in the bottom of the pitcher (save a few to drop in your glass later) and then the cinnamon stick, cover with ice about 1/2 way through then with water. Place in the fridge for 10 minutes before serving.
(My Notes – I found that with my pitcher I add 2 apples and 2 cinnamon sticks. I really like the cinnamon taste so I keep a stick in my large cup and just keep refilling and leave it in there. I have had some suggestions to boil the cinnamon and/or apple to help release some of the juices. I haven’t tried this yet but I plan to and will comment here when I can. I have tried different apples and my found that Fuji which was recommended is my favorite. We had some Granny Smith in the house and it didn’t give the same taste I like. I don’t eat the apples just keep refilling 3 or 4 times to get the taste. I drink this all day long instead of my coffee that I use to drink or flavored waters. I’m still eating a healthy diet and exercising. I’m just using this as a boost and to help me with my weight loss goal).
TIPS: I’ve had several comments so I thought it would be easy to put some tips we’ve learned along the way.
* Cinnamon – I can’t find the article but I hear is good for your health.
* Some don’t like Cinnamon – Suggestions Ginger, Orange, Vanilla Bean or whatever you like but you won’t get the total benefit of this recipe if you switch.
* Some have tried powder cinnamon (using items like cheese cloth or coffee Filters). I don’t think EXTRACT would be good.
* Some have tried boiling water with the apples and cinnamon and have gotten more flavor, then adding in the ice water etc and putting in the fridge. Some have put outside like ice tea to release flavors.
* I use a 1 Gallon Jug (I actually double my recipe since I like a lot of flavor)
* I drink about 1 jug a day
* I’m doing a low fat/calorie diet and lot’s of exercise with this. I have been loosing weight but it’s a combo.