In average, 25 years of our lives we spend sleeping. This is important because getting proper rest is essential to our overall well-being. Sleeping has many benefits – it not only revitalizes the body but also makes the brain work optimally.
Since time is very precious, it is of the utmost importance that the time spent sleeping is well spent. This article brings you an in-depth analysis of the various sleeping positions to help you choose the right one for yourself. Check them out!
1. Soldier position
Also known as the soldier position, sleeping on your back with your hands at your sides is considered to be the best sleeping posture. This posture is similar to the Savasana pose in yoga, and it is known to have many health benefits.
- Perfect position to rest the spine, neck, and arms.
- Helps improve the overall posture.
- Reduces acid reflux.
- Helps maintain perky breasts.
- Cures insomnia.
- Decreases the chances of headaches.
- Prevents facial wrinkles.
- May aggravate snoring in people suffering from sleep apnea.
- Can negatively affect a fetus.
- Can cause lower back pain.
- Try sleeping on your back without a pillow. It will keep your body in a neutral position and might help reduce snoring.
- Using a large pillow under the back of your knees will help support the natural curve of your lower back